On November 21, the final of the international contest of young designers FASHION FOR FUTURE, organized by KAZAKHSTAN FASHION WEEK ASTANA in cooperation with the European Institute of Design IED, took place in the Congress Center Expo Astana.
The FASHION FOR FUTURE competition is a great opportunity for young talents in the field of design and fashion, allowing them to declare themselves to the whole world.
The competition had three stages: the qualifying round, the semi-final and the final. At the first stage, the organizing committee have received about 600 applications from different countries, only 15 of them passed to the final.
- Creative director of IED (Istituto Europeo di Design, Italy) Giovanni Ottonello
- General producer of KFW ASTANA Irina Baizhanova
- Director of a group of companies Сrystal AG (permanent general partner of KAZAKHSTAN FASHION WEEK ASTANA) Assol Gamova
- Designer Lena Lumelsky (Belgium)
- Dean of the Faculty of Light Industry and Design of the Almaty Technological University, Raushan Zhilisbayeva
- Designer, regular participant of KAZAKHSTAN FASHION WEEK ASTANAAida Kaumenova
- Founder of «BROSH», Olga Kim Jewelry, Anthena Clothing, art director of KFW ASTANA Olga Kim
- Brand ambassador KFW ASTANA in Europe, the founder of fashion portal and boutique KKapsule.com, international top-model Korlan Madi.
According to the results of FASHION FOR FUTURE, Azamat Gazizov received the main prize of the competition. The winner won a three-week scholarship to study at the summer school «Istituto Europeo di Design» in Milan and a grant for flights and accommodation from Crystal AG. Also, Azamat was handed a prize from KFW ASTANA brand ambassador in Europe Korlan Madi. She will be the face of his collection, and the clothes of the young designer will be sold in the online store KKapsule.com.
Nurdaulet Beketaev, Dias Amenov and Zuhra Aykenova received a grant for participation in the next season of the KAZAKHSTAN FASHION WEEK ASTANA. Also, young designer Nurdaulet Beketaev was invited for an internship by Lena Lumelsky and Aida Kaumenova.
The competition partner, House of Sewing Machines, awarded prizes to four participants: Zukhra Aikenova, Olga Kadyrova, Aidan Minaydarova and Gulnaz Baitleuova.
A trendbook from the partner of the contest Promostyl and a prize from designer Olga Kim was awarded to Markhamat Umarova. A special prize from the Brosh brand was also awarded to Zuhra Aikenova.
The cash prize from Calgel was also awarded to Malika Usupova, Markhamat Umarov and Azamat Gazizov.
All participants and the jury of the FASHION FOR FUTURE competition were presented with flowers from Petales company, gifts from Calgel and Germaine de Capuccini.
Photo: Ilya Nazarenko